Maddison is an experienced employment and industrial relations lawyer. She is a skilled advocate, appearing for clients in the Fair Work Commission (and other tribunals) and has experience litigating claims for both insured and non-insured clients across a range of State and Federal jurisdictions. Maddison works with her clients to achieve commercial negotiated resolutions through formal and informal means of dispute resolution.
She is known for understanding her client’s needs and leverages her prior experience as in house counsel at an educational institution to provide accessible and efficient advice.
Maddison is also an accomplished public speaker, regularly appearing on industry panels, as well as speaking to university law student societies and the College of Law.
In her own time Maddison is passionate about volunteering, she is a non-executive director on the board of several not-for-profits, including Victorian Women Lawyers and Out for Australia. Maddison is also a Judge of the annual Lawyers Weekly 30 Under 30 Awards.
Articles and Presentations
- Psychosocial health and safety risks to employers – December 2023
- Tough conversations at work panel for Victorian Women Lawyers – July 2023
- Diversity and Inclusion in the Workplace for the 2023 ARITA NSW Division Conference – March 2023
- Employment practices liability 101 in Australia and New Zealand – October 2022
- Wear it Purple Day 2023 Panel for the Victorian and Australian Bar Associations – November 2022